— Col Start —
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that individuals whose personal information is provided to REBid (either directly or by others) is protected under Australian law in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’).
We seek to protect and maintain the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information. We will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’) in the Privacy Act.
Words defined in the Privacy Act have the same meaning when used in this policy.
Collection of Information
We may collect personal information about you such as:
- (a) your name, current address, previous address details;
- (b) date of birth and gender;
- (c) email addresses and telephone and or mobile numbers;
- (d) your current employer;
- (e) profession, occupation or job title;
- (f) credit card details;
- (g) copies of photo identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, student ID); or
- (h) any other personal information relevant to the service we are providing to you.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways. We mainly collect information from you when you directly provide it to us (including via our website or the REBid Platform), but we may also collect information (such as your email or postal address among other things) when you make a request or enquiry of us or when you engage us to provide services to you or when a third party (such as an Agent) provides the information to us (including via our website or their use of the REBid Platform).
We collect information from you:
- (a) when you use our website or the REBid Platform;
- (b) when you contact us through social media or other third party websites or applications;
- (c) during conversations between you and our representatives;
- (d) through you giving us your business card;
- (e) when you make an enquiry about a property listed on the REBid Platform;
- (f) when an Agent enters your personal information on the REBid Platform;
- (g) when we or an Agent are facilitating the sale, purchase or advertising of properties and businesses;
- (h) when we or an Agent record persons entering a landlord or seller’s property (e.g. for inspection, survey or appraisal purposes);
- (i) when we or an Agent are facilitating the leasing of properties (including advertising the properties) and acting as property manager; and
- (j) when we engage with Real Estate Institutes across Australia.
We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources such as local councils, websites, or telephone white pages.
Generally, we will collect personal information either directly from you or through an Agent you have authorised providing us that information by entering it on the REBid Platform.
We do not collect sensitive information about you such as your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations.
Where you provide personal information on behalf of another person, you warrant that the other person has consented to the collection of their personal information for the reasons it is being collected.
If you do not provide personal information
The main consequence for you, if some or all of the above personal information is not collected by us is that we may not be able to provide products, services or information to you, or be able to provide them to the same standard of service as if we had the information requested.
Why we collect, hold and use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about individuals when we need to do so to carry on our business functions (including to enable the REBid Platform to be used for its intended purpose) or to comply with laws.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to answer your enquiry or to provide the information or service that you requested.
We may also collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information:
- (a) to provide products and services to you and to send related communications requested by you;
- (b) to respond to your submissions, enquiries, feedback, comments or complaints;
- (c) to verify your identity;
- (d) to enable us to develop, administer and manage our services and business;
- (e) to make an offer on your behalf or put forward an offer from you to our client;
- (f) for statistical purposes;
- (g) to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- (h) future promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing;
- (i) for research purposes to better improve our websites or services; and
- (j) when authorised or required by law.
REBid may send you marketing material. You may choose to “opt-out” of receiving this material by emailing email@example.com.
When we may disclose your personal information to third parties
In the course of conducting our business we may provide your personal information to:
- (a) third parties in the course of providing products and services to you including, without limitation, through your use of the REBid Platform, these third parties may include web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, tradesmen and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- (b) our suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and other purposes related to our business; and
- (c) our professional advisers, including our lawyers, auditors and accountants.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- (a) to enable the REBid Platform to function in the manner it is intended;
- (b) to meet the purpose for which your personal information was submitted;
- (c) if we have your consent to do so or otherwise when we are authorised by law; or
- (d) if we are required by law to disclose the information.
The REBid Platform is available to overseas purchasers or sellers of Australian properties. Your personal information may be disclosed to purchasers or sellers as part of the services provided on the REBidPlatform.
All data is managed and stored by REBid in Australia and no data is transferred overseas for electronic storage by REBid.
All personal information held by us will be handled and stored in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We will take reasonable steps to:
- (a) make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- (b) protect the information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through security methods; and
- (c) destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
When you visit our website, we or agencies on our behalf and our internet service provider may monitor and take a record of your visit and log “clickstream data” for statistical purposes such as your server’s IP address, general geographic locations, browser type, browser version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are on this site.
Any link on the REBid site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.rebid.com.au.
At your request we will provide you with the details of your personal information that we hold. The release of information is subject to some exceptions such as information relating to the privacy, safety or health of others, existing or any anticipated legal proceeding, together with other exceptions provided by the Privacy Act.
Unless unusual circumstances apply, we will provide access to you within 30 days of the request.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for providing access to your information when permitted by law.
To protect your personal information, any request must be in writing and can be sent by letter or email. All correspondence should be addressed to:
Mail: REBid Pty Ltd
Level 4, 97 Pirie Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Attn: Chief Executive Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our objective is to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe.
We also aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date and complete.Amendment of personal information will be conducted upon written or verbal request from you. You can contact us by writing to our Chief Executive Officer to do this.
We are committed to the protection of your privacy and personal information. Complaints you may have about your personal information can be lodged with us by using the contact details above.
We will attempt to resolve any complaints within 10 working days. If resolution is not possible within this timeframe we will contact you to discuss the matter further.
You also have the right under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
Changes to this policy
This policy is subject to change over time without prior notice. We may amend this policy by updating it and posting it on our website.
Copies of this policy
You can ask us to provide you with a copy of this policy, including a hard copy, by contacting us using the contact details above.
Date published: August 2018
— Col End —